Are you an edX student? Don’t attempt to follow these instructions! Head over to cs50.edx.org or cs50.harvard.edu/x, and use the instructions there instead! These instructions are only for the course at Harvard College and Harvard Extension School!
Problem Set 1
What to Do
- Log into code.cs50.io using your GitHub account and follow the on-screen instructions to set up your very own “codespace” for Visual Studio Code
- Once your codespace has loaded, close any Welcome tabs that might have opened by default
- In Codespace’s terminal, complete the steps under SSH at cs50.readthedocs.io/github/#ssh to configure your codespace for some of CS50’s command-line tools
- Log into submit.cs50.io using your GitHub account and click Authorize to activate check50. This is a one-time-only step and we will not be using this website.
- Submit Hello
- Submit one of:
- Submit one of:
- Submit this form
Of the three programs you submit, we’ll record the highest two of your scores. (If you submit both Marios, we’ll record the higher of those two scores. If you submit both of Cash and Credit, we’ll record the higher of those two scores.)
If, after submitting a problem, you receive an email from GitHub indicating that “all jobs have failed,” that just means your code didn’t pass one or more (not necessarily “all”) of CS50’s automated tests. Be sure to re-run
check50 as prescribed by a problem and/or re-test your code manually to try to identify the problem. You’re welcome to re-submit as many times as you’d like before the deadline!
When to Do It
How to Get Help
- Post a question on Ed Discussion!
- Watch a supersection!
- Sign up for a tutorial!
- Attend office hours!
- Try out any of David’s programs from class via Week 1’s source code.
- See CS50’s style guide for C for tips on how to improve your code’s style.
- If you see any errors when compiling your code with
make, focus first on fixing the very first error you see, scrolling up as needed. If unsure what it means, try asking
help50for help. For instance, if trying to compile
is yielding errors, try running
help50 make hello
- Ensure your codespace is up-to-date by running
update50in a terminal window and clicking Rebuild now when prompted.