This is CS50 AP for 2022–2023. Looking for 2021–2022?
CS50 AP is an amalgam of two courses, CS50’s Introduction to Computer Science, otherwise known as CS50x, and CS50’s Understanding Technology, otherwise known as CS50T. CS50 AP is only for students in high school. Students not in high school should take CS50T and CS50x instead.
CS50 AP is also available via edX.
About this Course
This is CS50 AP, Harvard University’s introduction to the intellectual enterprises of computer science and the art of programming for students in high school, which satisfies the College Board’s AP Computer Science Principles (CSP) curriculum framework. Students in high school may receive AP credit for this course provided their school approves the credit, submits the student’s work on the College Board’s Create Performance Task by Monday, May 1, 2023, 11:59 PM Eastern Time, and submits the student’s work on the End-of-Course Multiple-Choice Exam by Monday, May 8, 2023, 12:00 PM local time. See further details at the College Board’s 2022-2023 Annual Calendar and Deadlines page. Students should make all such arrangements in advance with their school directly. Students who earn a satisfactory score on all problem sets and a final project are also eligible to receive a verified certificate from HarvardX.
CS50 itself is Harvard University’s largest course on campus.
You’re welcome to “take” the course by following this website’s curriculum, but, so that you receive announcements and more, best to take the course via edX (for free) instead! To receive AP credit for this course, be sure to make arrangements with your school in advance.
What is CS50?
If you’d like to teach CS50 AP at your school:
- Here’s the teacher handbook.
- Here’s the curriculum.
- Sign up for a GitHub account (for free), if you don’t have one already.
- For access to lesson plans (i.e., section materials) and sample solutions, submit the form at cs50.harvard.edu/teach.
- Watch the CS50 Educator Workshop 2022, if you didn’t attend in person.
- Subscribe to
- email@example.com if teaching CS50 AP, and/or
- firstname.lastname@example.org if teaching any of CS50’s courses.
- Sign into and familiarize yourself with Visual Studio for CS50, CS50’s new IDE in collaboration with our friends at GitHub.
- Email email@example.com with any questions!